Abbey Hotel ★★☆
This hotel is about as downtown as you can get, just a block from Bath Abbey and just off the river
This 60-room hotel converted from a three Georgian Town Houses is bang in the center of Bath, just off the River Avon and about a block southeast of Bath Abbey.
Owners Ian and Christa Taylor have added a heavy dose of contemporary flavor to the decor (and truly heavenly Hypnos beds), and offer a variety of room sizes and types, from small doubles to larger family rooms.
Rooms on the front (best from the third (top) floor) overlook the busy North Parada/Terrace Walk, Parade Gardens, and across the Avon to the countryside beyond the city. Rooms on the back are a bit quieter, with views over the Bath rooftops.
There is free WiFi, and an iPad for concierge service.
The hotel runs an award-winning restaurant, Allium, with tables on the sidewalk out front, as well as the funky ArtBar.Book it
General info about Hotels in England
Also in Reid's List: Bath Lodging:
- Royal Crescent Hotel & Spa★★★| £££
- Crystal Palace Apartment★★★| ££
- Abbey Green Apartment★★★| £££
- Thatch Cottage★★★| £
- Leighton House★★☆| ££
- Harington's City Hotel★★☆| £
- The Bath House Boutique Bed & Breakfast★★☆| £
- Berdoulat & Breakfast★★☆| ££
- Grosvenor Villa B&B★★☆| £
- The Gainsborough Bath Spa - YTL Classic Hotel★★☆| £££