Avebury Lodge ★★☆
A hotel right in the middle of the Avebury stone circle
This hotel in the middle of Avebury village has one of the most spectacular locations of any hotel in all of Great Britain: Smack in the center of the stone circle itself, with incredible views of the ancient monoliths just out the front door.
It's like living in a Georgian country house that happens to be right in the middle of a World Heritage Site.
The rooms are appointed with antiques and knick-knacks, and the vegetarian cooked breakfast is taken with a view of the stones.
Owners Andrew and Susan couldn't be nicer. The prices are a bit steep, but you are really paying for the amazing locale.Book it
General info about Hotels in England
Also in Reid's List: Wiltshire lodging:
- Rollestone Manor★★☆| £
- Chapter House★★☆| ££
- Cathedral View B & B★★☆| £
- The Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel★★☆| ££
- George Hotel★☆☆| £
- Robin Hill Cottage★☆☆| ££
- B&B Haven At Avebury★☆☆| £
- Holiday Inn Salisbury-Stonehenge★☆☆| ££
- Best Western Red Lion Hotel★☆☆| ££
- Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel★☆☆| ££