Hotel 41 ★★★
One of London's most bespoke luxury hotels, directly behind Buckingham Palace
When your next-door neighbor is the Queen of England, you know you are staying at a special hotel.
This chic bastion of London luxury done all in black and white overlooks the Royal Mews at Buckingham Palace, with dark woods in the spacious bedrooms—fitted with handmade beds and feather duvets—and warmer wood paneling in the clubby lounge.
Rooms are light and airy, as they are all on up on the fifth floor (the lower floors are occupied by the four-star Hotel Rubens at the Palace, also owned by Red Carnation).
The 41 puts an emphasis on service, a true boutique hotel with a staff worthy of five-star status—plus Champagne upon arrival and fancy nibbles (and ice cream) available all day.Book it
General info about Hotels in England
Also in Reid's List: London Lodging:
- 11 Cagodan Gardens Hotel★★★| £££
- The Savoy Hotel★★★| £££
- The Connaught★★★| £££
- Duke's Hotel★★★| £££
- The Gore★★★| ££
- Juliette's Bed and Breakfast, Dawson Place★★★| ££
- Cheval Three Quays at The Tower of London Apartments★★★| £££
- The Royal Horseguards★★★| £££
- Charlotte Street Hotel★★★| £££
- The Harrington Apartments★★★| ££